Monday, September 30, 2013

Back to School!!

First Grade fingers are technically second grade fingers this year. I have looped up with my kids and I couldn't be more excited. Since we are a year round school, it's a good thing I love my kiddos, because we have now spent 5 days a week together for the last calendar year. It will be very hard to pass them on next year though. :(

Our situation is less than spectacular. We are renting a small room in a church building, the same one our first grade was/is in. The staff is great and they take excellent care of us, but my room is unfortunate. The Chinese Chapel also rents the room, and are the permanent tenants. Therefore, I have to clean my room out completely every Friday afternoon and set it up again on Monday morning. Who doesn't love coming early on a Monday to make a classroom functional!? At least on Friday afternoons I have my small army of helpers. They find it fun clearing out the room.

My desk on Monday morning.
At least there is a white board and a used bulletine board!


Banquet style seating is great for most things. Not a classroom though.

I did find a few shelves in the church storage room to use. Now we have a bookshelf and a shelf to use as backpack cubbies! I'm pretty excited.
 
Our new bookshelf, and a very ecclectic stack of pillows.
 













No comments:

Post a Comment